Vancouver Wine Tours, Everything You Need To Plan
Everything You Need To Know When Planning Vancouver Wine Tours
Planning a Vancouver Wine Tour can be fun but there is tons to consider when getting a tour together.
- Public Or Private (Public "Join in tours" have standard starting points while private tours are generally 10+ guests and you can dictate your own start/end point.
- All wine venues or a mix of wine, cider, spirts beer?
- How Many Venues do you want to visit. 5 is too many, 4 is a lot. 3 is kinda the perfect amount.
- Where do you want to eat a winery lunch on your Vancouver Wine Tour? We have recommendations below.
- All Fraser Valley Venues or do you want to stop in Richmond or Vancouver at the beginning or end of your tour (Think Country Vines).
Top Wineries To Visit For Lunch on Your Vancouver Wine Tours
Enjoy the best of what the Fraser Valley wineries have to offer with these top three lunch spots!
#1: Glass House Winery offers a stunning view of their vines along with a delicious menu featuring local produce, meats, cheeses and more. Plus they host live music events throughout summer months.
#2: Visit Fraser Valley Cider to experience something sweet - located in between Backyard Winery and Township 7.
#3: End your day out in the valley in style with Township 7's charcuterie board. Sample artisanal cheese and meats made right in Langley, paired with their remarkable wines.
#4: On your way back to Vancouver you'll want to check out Country Vines Winery. This is one of our top choices for relaxing with a glass of wine on the patio or a final wine tasting before that great nap.
Top Wineries to Visit From Vancouver
Our Favourite Fraser Valley Wineries
Vancouver is made up of a few districts that have different rules and types of wineries. For a full-on traditional wine tour experience you'll want to head out to Langley in the Fraser Valley but if you are looking to stick 20-25minutes from the city centre there are plenty of great "Urban style" wineries that do not have the farm attached. Country Vines Winery is the closest that does have it all.
Vancouver Wineries (Urban wineries close to the city)
- La Fabrique St-George, Olympic Village little winery with great "Build your own charcuterie style wines.
- Vancouver Urban Winery, think restaurant that has their own wine flights. You'll pay a premium but you'll enjoy it.
- Garden of Granite, cool little urban winery in North Vancouver Brewery District. If you want to do a party bike you can add it to your group tour.
- Pacific Breeze Winery (New Westminster) This great little tasting room will surprise you with amazing wines. It's kinda walkable from New Westminster's skytrain stations.
Richmond Wineries to Consider
- Country Vines is a hidden gem that is little known. With 20+ wines available for tasting you'll want to check their opening hours, grab a food board and a glass of wine to hang out on the patio. It's Richmond best kept secret patio... Did I mention it has goats, cows and tons of chickens?
- Lulu Island. If you are looking to add another one to the list you can always check out Lulu Island winery in Richmond.
- Backyard Winery
- Glasshouse Winery
- Township 7 Winery
- Cavallo Winery (Surrey/Langley)
- Chaberton (If you have time)
Other Great Wine, Cider, Distilleries Venues to Consider in Vancouver and the GVRD:
- Odd Society Spirits
- Andina Brewing
- The Cider House (Kittsilano, Vancouver)
- Four Winds (Delta)
- Parallel 49 Brewing (Vancouver, a legend in brewing)
Other Vancouver Wine Tours Libation Districts to Consider That have more than just Wine:
- North Vancouver Brewery District
- Port Moody Moody Mike
- Olympic Village Brewery Creek
- East Vancouver Brewery District
Suggested Vancouver Wine Tour Packages
- Our standard Fraser Valley Wine tour or Langley Wine Tour runs 5.5 hours and can be planned for public or private groups.
- Urban Wine Tour (Vancouver Wine Tour), where we stay within 30 minutes of the city and runs 4-4.5 hours.
- Love a mix of venues? Have someone who really wants Cider, Beer or Spirits? I suggest a Mashup Tour - Mashup Wine Tours.